× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After firmware update cant connect

CrsAimee
Tutor

After firmware update cant connect

Logged into main site to see if anyone was piggybacking on my Extender and it said there was a firmware update. I did the update, and now I can connect to the Extender and have strong signal , but it's like the strength is crappy. My xbox is super slow and can't connect to certain apps, when it was fine before. Help. Strong signal but it's like it's not sending the internet through.
Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
cmcdivit
Aspirant

Re: After firmware update cant connect

Same thng happened to me today. Stopped holding the connection after i ran the latest firmware update. I tried the factory reset but didn't help. It continuously connects then immediately disconnects.
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 8
CrsAimee
Tutor

I also tried the factory reset, and it didn't work. My phone still finds the channel and connects. I now get better connection with my weak signal, instead of the Extender which is only 3 feet away.
Message 3 of 8
cmcdivit
Aspirant

I just tried factory resetting BOTH my wifi router and the wifi extender, and the wifi extender connection has been stable for almost 10 minutes and counting. Somehow the double-reset seems to have fixed the problem.
Message 4 of 8
MaxiusMaximus
Aspirant

I am having this exact same problem. Hardware was working great until firmware update.

Message 5 of 8
CrsAimee
Tutor

Still nothing. After reset, signal strength is strong, but xbox works better on older signal father away, then the netgear with stronger signal closer by. I dumbfounded
Message 6 of 8
doorgasket
Aspirant

It seems this is quite a common complaint after the latest update.

I too have this issue so hopefully someone will have an answer.

My extender is new and thankfully I had set it up before i did the update.

I never changed the login or password so as far as I am aware, it should still be admin password which is the factory setting. So after the update these details do not work.

Factory reset also doesnt seem to work either, but as the extender seems to be working, I am reluctant to try anything else unless its a guaranteed fix.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 7 of 8
CrsAimee
Tutor

I piddled with it again yesterday. Complete factory reset again, set it up as of it was brand new. It's working, and the signal is strong, it's just not sending the data though. It's download speed is. 2kb a sec. Is weird acting, like I said my original router is 38% strength with 2.5 mb download at the xbox, the router is 95% strength with. 2kb a sec. I truly don't understand it.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7