× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All last gets up but can’t access the web

Samwarren
Follower

All last gets up but can’t access the web

Hi all, the setup seemed to go fine but when I log into the network name Ext it won’t access the internet. Any suggestions?

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: All last gets up but can’t access the web

Some more info might help.

1. What router and firmware are you connecting to?

2. What firmware is on your extender?

3. did you follow the setup procedure for the device?

If you can connect to the ext name, you should be able to type in mywifiext.net in a browser and go through the setup process so it'll connect to your router.  Have you done this?

here's the support page for your device. it has installation instruction and the manual for reference.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6120.aspx

Message 2 of 4
RonPate
Aspirant

I've got the same problem of trying to set up the unit in wifi extender mode, going throught the entire setup process via the mywifiext.net website, and then finding that when I try to access either the 2GEXT or the 5GEXT wifi channel, it fails to complete the process due to loss of internet connection.  When I try to access either of the channels using another wifi device, it fails to connect and comes back with the error of not being able to find the router IP.

I'm actually dealing with two extender units that were purchased 6 months ago and were originally set-up without difficulty to the home's router at that time using the WPS button approach.  The home router was recently replaced with the same style unit (with the same specs), and I reset the extender units to factory settings using the "reset" button.  However, the simple WPS button approach then failed to work, so I've been trying to get the setup done via the mywifiext website.  Despite multiple attempts, this has also failed to successfully complete as noted earlier.

Since I'm beyond 90 days of purchase, I do not currently have phone or chat tech support from Netgear directly.

Any guidance on what the problem is how to solve it, or next steps?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 3 of 4
JoseAndres041
Luminary

@Samwarren  Hey! How'd you know that you have completed the setup? The setup would show the congratulations page or something like that when you have successfully installed the extender. The LEDs would tell you as well if it's successfully connected to the router and if your WiFi client is successfully connected to it. Did you get that one?

By the way, did you check if your IP address when your WiFi client is connected to the extender?  Is it in the same range of your main router? 

@RonPate Hmmm.. my suggestion for you is to connect a PC directly to your extender using an Ethernet cable. Configure the extender again and see if it would be successful this time. It'll be better if your extender is closer to your router since you're trying to set it up. Once it's configured, you can now relocate the extender.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7