× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All the lights on my Netgear are not lighting up only the router one and the poer

Buzzard23
Aspirant

All the lights on my Netgear are not lighting up only the router one and the poer

Bought the above extender, however only the lights for the power and the router remain on.  Not connecting to the WPS although I have placed it near the router.  

What  am I doing wrong.  Older lady trying to connect without having to ask the children!!!!

P    Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 3
Asparak
Aspirant

Re: All the lights on my Netgear are not lighting up only the router one and the poer

On my netgear router, there is an option to turn the lights off and also a switch on the back so possibly worth checking the manual first for those settings.

WPS can be a bit fiddly depending on the capabilities of the device you are connecting. I'd suggest forget WPS and do it old school, using the SSID and the password that you've set the router up with. If you haven't changed it from defaults, then that should be fairly easy to locate.

Hope that helps. If not, ping me directly and I'll try and troubleshoot it with you. Your kids will never know

Message 2 of 3
Buzzard23
Aspirant

Re: All the lights on my Netgear are not lighting up only the router one and the poer

Thanks - but now I am changing my provider will this automatically change with it or do I have to start all over again?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7