× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Always with the hijacking.

Stickfig
Novice

Always with the hijacking.

Okay, I've been dealing with this issue for a long time and apparently no one else is because I have yet to see any way of fixing it. So here I am!

My room is basically a dead zone, so mom bought me one of those wn2500rp extenders. It works like a dream and my internet connection is now significantly less mediocre than it's been for years, but the problem is that whenever I go to click on a page, it'll often take me to either http://www.mywifiext.net/start.htm or http://www.mywifiext.net/IA_hijack.htm instead where it'll tell me to configure the extender (I have, like, three times already. come on). It doesn't always do this but it happens incredibly frequently and seemingly at random.

In addition, I also have that issue where whenever I go to a new page, I have to enter "admin" and then my password, but I don't care as much about that since it doesn't even hold a candle to the much bigger, significantly more infuriating problem I just described.

I wondered if the problem was that the extender couldn't get a stable connection in my room so I moved it to my brother's room because he rarely experiences any problems with the internet (even though his room is only right across the hall from mine but that's besides the point). My issue didn't get any better though. It should be noted that our internet connection/service is excruciatingly terrible anyway but if there's any chance that might not be the problem I'm gonna jump on it.

So anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Always with the hijacking.

What you describe is the kind of symptoms I have seen when the extender loses its connection to the base station. I see that you tried moving the extender but perhaps it really needs to be closer to the base station. The extender can only possibly pass on the same or lower throughput than it receives from the base station, so it should be put in a location which is a compromise between a strong signal from the base station while still providing a strong signal to the remote client.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7