× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android phone conects to WN3000RP extender but not laptop

aerogirl
Follower

Android phone conects to WN3000RP extender but not laptop

Successfully connected to WiFi extender using my android (samsung) phone. Cannot connect with laptop (HP Pavilion, Windows 10). I restarted the laptop but no connection. When I go to mywifiext.net I get the you are not connected to your network error message (see attached).  The extender shows up in my list of available networks but when I click on it to connect I get "can't connect to this network."  When I try to go to the url for the extender (192.168 etc etc), it just times out.

I really don't want to factory reset because it took multiple tries after I changed my wifi router password to get the thing going again with the green light and at least my phone connects.

Ideas?  Thanks -

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Android phone conects to WN3000RP extender but not laptop

Hi @aerogirl,

Welcome to the community!

1. Have you tried forgetting the network on the laptop and re-connecting using the password setup for the extender?

2. You can try accessing the router UI then look for the IP address assigned to the extender and use that to access the extender's UI.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7