× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Are EX6150 V2 wifi extenders compatible with the new Cox Panorama wifi routers?

PC89102
Aspirant

Are EX6150 V2 wifi extenders compatible with the new Cox Panorama wifi routers?

I've been using my EX6150 V2 since December 2018 with no problems.  I recently switched to Cox's new Panorama Wifi / Router and now cannot get my EX unit to work properly.  Wondering if the EX unit is compatible with the new Cox system.  I was told by Cox that my previous Cisco wifi router would not work with theirs.  Ary they trying to get proprietary with wifi systems?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Are EX6150 V2 wifi extenders compatible with the new Cox Panorama wifi routers?

You didn't put which version of cox's panorama hub you're using. And I've never used it so I'm going off similar versions I've used.

Does it use a single ssid with device/band steering?

If it does, the extender might not function well with it over wireless. Reason is that that extender isn't designed to work with mesh networks. The hub dynamically switches it from band to band and the extender isn't controlling it. If you have the option of turning off the band steering/devices steering and having seperate ssid's from the Cox box, it might work then. Otherwise your other option would be to switch it to AP mode and hardwire it into your setup. 

Message 2 of 3
PC89102
Aspirant

Re: Are EX6150 V2 wifi extenders compatible with the new Cox Panorama wifi routers?

Plemans - thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7