× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Are XAV2101 and XAVN2001 compatible?

daztrue
Aspirant

Are XAV2101 and XAVN2001 compatible?

I've checked the specs for the XAV2101 and XAVN2001, and neither mention the other as a compatible option, yet I don't see why?:mad:

Any insight welcome.
Message 1 of 7
WizardJ
Luminary

Re: Are XAV2101 and XAVN2001 compatible?

They're both HomePlug AV. Yes, they will work together. Simple as that! 🙂
Message 2 of 7
daztrue
Aspirant

Great!:D Any idea whether the XAVN2001 will function as well from an extension lead?
Message 3 of 7
WizardJ
Luminary

daztrue wrote:
Any idea whether the XAVN2001 will function as well from an extension lead?

It may work, but the signal will most likely be degraded, resulting in low transfer speeds or complete lack of connection. I'd say try it out, but prepare for failure. :cool:
Message 4 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

FYI.. XAV2101 nor XAVN2001 is not wireless extender. It s power line device family

In the future for new thread post here

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Message 5 of 7
JMorvay
Aspirant

are Powerline AV 200 Adapters XAV2001 compatible with XAVN2001? I tried to link them but when i hold the Security button on the unit I'm adding there's no confirmation blinking via LED so I'm assuming they aren't. Thanks in advance!!
Message 6 of 7
daztrue
Aspirant

Just out of interest: since last posting here I've synced an XAVN2001 (with a long extension lead) with an XAV2101 and it works a treat!

Small tip: if extending your WiFi is your priority (or even if it isn't!), if your two WiFi 'bubbles' (start picturing Netgear's illustrations) are crossing over like normal extenders (or in my case, virtually on top of one another), then you'll need to give the extender a different SSID, whereas if the XAVN2001 is away far enough so that the 'bubbles' aren't touching, you'll be able to use the same SSID as on your router.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series