× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: At My Wits' End

kentraco
Follower

At My Wits' End

I've spent literally a couple of hours trying to set this device up on my PC (Windows 7 Professional) and I'm about ready to trash it.

The WPS setup option does not work.  When I try to use the web browser method, the address www.mywifiext.net returns a page that tells me I'm not connected to my extender's wi-fi network.  I've tried connecting via ethernet cable from my PC.  If I enter the extender's web address in a browser, I get a "page can't be located" message.  I can connect to NETGEAR_EXT with my Android phone, but there's no internet access.

Is this really worth pursuing?  

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
Vince_B
Aspirant

Re: At My Wits' End

I have a Netgear AC750 WiFi Range Extender Model EX3110 which links to my Technicolor router, lists the dual bands available on my phone but refuses to accept the Wirelesss Key for the router. It seems this has happened to a lot of people but I can't find any answers. Before I return it and swap it for another manufacturer's wifi extender, please will someone tell me if I'm missing something simple. If not, I won't be buying Netgear again.

Model: Dual Band
Message 2 of 3
Melch1st
Aspirant

Betreff: At My Wits' End

Hi,

My N300 worked fine for serveral month,but suddenly it is no longer able to access te wlan. I tried reconfig by WPS an as well manual. After both I still was no able to login in to wlan even if wlanname an password are displayed correctly.

Do anybody no if any updates were rolled out which may have caused issues.

Kind regards

Melch

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7