× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attempting to connect WG102 to Sky Hub SR102, and failing hard...

SimonPieman
Aspirant

Attempting to connect WG102 to Sky Hub SR102, and failing hard...

Hello all,

I'm trying to provide internet access to my smart tv by plugging it into the WG102 via ethernet, which in turn would be connected by wifi to my Sky hub.

I have never setup an AP before, and have tried (and most likely misunderstood) too much to the point of confusion now.

No matter what, I cannot get the WG102 to connect to the Sky Hub. I'm testing whether there is a connection by plugging my laptop directly into the WG102 - smart TV is not involved in the equation at this point.

Can someone please help?

- I'm unsure whether I should I use 'wireless point to point bridge' (there will not be any other routers or access points on my network), or 'repeater with wireless client association'.

- I've set both the AP and router to have the same SSID, encryption type (I've read online this have to be WEP?), key and wifi channel. Both sitting within the same IP address range, DHCP turned off on WG102, DNS set to the router's address, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

- I've added the AP's mac address and SSID (which is the same as the router) to the router's trusted devices list.

I've missed out alot of info here, and will be more than happy to provide a more detailed list of settings/screenshots if there isn't an obvious answer.

I have to find out the solution to this - it's doing my head in, gah!!!

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Attempting to connect WG102 to Sky Hub SR102, and failing hard...

Hello SimonPieman

You may want to check out the user manual on this help set up the product how you want it to work.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/wg102_ref_manual_5_0_0.pdf

Darrenm

Message 2 of 4
SimonPieman
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM,

Thanks for getting back to me (and that is the politist version of RTFM I have ever seen).

That was my first port of call before switching the unit on, and has been the one thing I have referred back to but I am still confused...

It is probably obvious to other people on here, but not to me. I'll continue to plough on, and will post an answer if I manage to find it.

Simon

Message 3 of 4
SimonPieman
Aspirant

I gave up - a friend had a spare ethernet over power device and I just took the easy option.

This doesn't mean these two devices aren't compatible, but life can be too short to waste.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7