× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ax1800/Eax20 WiFi extender 5G problem

Sebastiaan9
Follower

Ax1800/Eax20 WiFi extender 5G problem

Hi,

I have an R7000 router running fine for over a year now, no problems. I wanted to improve the WiFi in a sleeping room and decided to install an ax1800 (EAX 20 ) WiFi extender. The setup was done via the nighthawk app and later I adjusted some things like the status lights and a time schedule for the WiFi signal via mywifiext

The next day a problem started, I loose the entire 5G network. When I log in to the router via routerlogin or the extender via wifiext.local I see nothing strange. I read somewhere that changing the channel for the 5G on the router might work. I did this and the network runs again, quite fast for a few hours and then the problem returns, the 5G network is lost. 

can somebody help me with this?

kind regards,

sebastiaan

Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Ax1800/Eax20 WiFi extender 5G problem

Hi Sebastiaan9, may we know if you are still encountering the issue?

Message 2 of 3
giulianogibi
Aspirant

Re: Ax1800/Eax20 WiFi extender 5G problem

Did you find a solution? if so what was it?

I am interested to understand if it's possible to have the wifi scheduler working on both the base router unit and the wifi extender? if so, do I need two separate scheduling or is the extender schedule controller by the main router?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7