× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bandwidth Profile: single/multiple IP adresses

HenrikFortaleza
Aspirant

Bandwidth Profile: single/multiple IP adresses

I have configured my srxn3205 for 2 groups; office and guest. Group office (group) are always assigned a static IP, guest (individual) are assigned a dynamic IP. To each group is a Bandwidth Profile assigned; BWP-office and BWP-guest. BWP-office has no limitations. BWP-guest is limited to 500/100 kbits in DL/UL as an individual. When I test this towards my ISP I can control the result of an assigned BWP very well. However, when I connect as a guest to downloading a torrent it does not work. The limitation of 500 kbits is very much exceeded. The download speed is around 5 Mbits. Downloading the same torrent in the group office with no limitations I end up with a download speed of 14 Mbits. Is seems to be a problem for the router or have I configured something wrong? Maybe I am mistaken over the "individual" and "group° when assign to users?
Best regards, Henrik
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Bandwidth Profile: single/multiple IP adresses

I assume you are in right group? did you make group 1 as guest ? because DHCP will automatically put group 1 as DHCP client.

I would make rest of static IP or reserved etc other the group 1.

also
Message 2 of 4
HenrikFortaleza
Aspirant

Yes, group 1 is guest. Rest is in group 2. A group can also be Individual or Group. I have assumed that Individual implies that on device with one IP can have as an example 1 Mbits by its own. If you set this to Group, I assume that all the computers share the assigned bandwidth?
Message 3 of 4
HenrikFortaleza
Aspirant

This is problem is confirmed by Netgear who has done their own tests. So downloading from multiple IP-addresses like with torrents to not limit the bandwidth as it should. It only works from a single IP. I have not received any information about when this problem will be fixed.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7