× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best Router

nirrom
Follower

Best Router

I currently use virgin media giga fast broadband. I live in a house with extension in the attic and the wifi signal is not always great for signal although it does not drop out. Also i like to stream in 4k/uhd and when other people use wifi I can get buffering. I would like a router to help with these problems. I was thinking of buying netgear nighthawk triband AX12 AX11000 (RAX200) but not sure if this is overkill or not.Could anybody have reccommendations of what to buy. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Best Router

Here again, there is no "magic" router. All products are tuned towards the maximum emitted power, so the reach is always very similar. Granted, bringing in the current Wi-Fi 6 technology does bring some relief. 

Best investment is the installation of a network cable from your primary router to the attic (CAT6A or better if installation tubing allows) or where ever you need better wireless coverage and better wireless performance (by adding a wireless access point), or even additional wired network ports (by adding a network switch).

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7