× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best method of extending wifi signal with Nighthawk R7000

slipshot
Follower

Best method of extending wifi signal with Nighthawk R7000

Hi all - we have a R7000 that is good but not good enough to extend to the further areas of the (new to us) house we have moved into.  However, we do have ethernet already wired in to most rooms.  If I wanted to run an ethernet cable from the R7000 to the further end of the house (part of the infrastructure is alreayd there, and then plug in an extender of some sort via ethernet, and ensuroing best compatability with my R7000, which would be the best solution? 

Ideally (mainly for the kids) it would be exactly the same network name (both 2.4 and 5ghz) and password so we have a seamless transition.

So rather than just boosting the wifi signal, I woant to use the ethernet cable to send to a new unit to provide additional wifi?  Thoughts?  Thanks

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Best method of extending wifi signal with Nighthawk R7000

Hi @slipshot,

Welcome to the community!

You can check this link for the list of NETGEAR extenders since extenders with Ethernet port/s can be configured as an Access Point which is the setup that you are looking to achieve.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Best method of extending wifi signal with Nighthawk R7000

Hi @slipshot,

Welcome to the community!

You can check this link for the list of NETGEAR extenders since extenders with Ethernet port/s can be configured as an Access Point which is the setup that you are looking to achieve.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7