× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best option for mesh extender

davisba
Follower

Best option for mesh extender

I have a Nighthawk router (AC1900, I believe). My home is not that big and it functions just fine most of the time throughout the house. I have recently made a full switch to streaming TV service. Occassionally I get some buffering in far corners of my house or in the basement and outside on the patio.

I have enough internet to accommodate the streaming devices, so I was hoping to add a couple mesh extenders to help the range in the basement or outside.

I was looking at the Nighthawk extenders but wasn't entirely sure which might work best, or even if it mattered. I am particularly curious about an extender being a tri-band and the router being a dual-band. Would that cause any issues?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Best option for mesh extender

With the mesh extenders being tri-band they use one band to connect directly to the router giving you a better connection than a normal extender. So any of our mesh extenders would work for your situation just up to you if you need extra ethernet ports.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7