× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought a new router, but now my Netgear WiFi extender is not work

amaradevid
Star

Bought a new router, but now my Netgear WiFi extender is not work

I bought a new router, but now my Netgear WiFi extender is not working. It may be due to the WiFi extender being connected with the old router. To connect the extender with the new router, I removed the old one. You can check whether the extender is connected with an old router or not.

Connect a new router with the Netgear Extender

To Connect a new router fritzbox 7560 with the extender, you need to remove the old one. Go after these straightforward steps to set up with a new one.

Step 1: Factory Reset the Netgear WiFi Extender
Step 2: Configure the Extender again with a new router

Before configuring the Netgear WiFi extender with a new router, assure that both devices are in the same room. You can configure it with WPS too. But I feel, configuring the extender using the web interface is simple for many users instead of WPS. So I will tell you about the web interface setup.

Netgear WiFi Extender Setup with Web Browser

1. Launch Google Chrome, Safari, or any other search portal(browser). Typewrite mywifiext or 192.168.1.250 in the explore box.
  2. The Netgear extender setup page reveals. Hit the NEW EXTENDER SETUP option. Agree with the Netgear terms and conditions by clicking YES or I AGREE.
  3. Pick the Netgear extender default credentials. Select the recovery question to retrieve the passphrase in the future.
  4. Click NEXT and YES for the Netgear genie access. Pick any radio network from 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz and click NEXT. Hit Enable one WiFi name to register the extender WiFi details same as the router and click NEXT.
  5. Click NEXT to apply the extender changes you have made. The extender reveals a new interface with SSID and passphrase, note it.
  6. Now chase the device WiFi settings and connect to the extender new network. Regress to the search portal and hit the checkbox.
  7. Once you click CONTINUE on the next interface, it means the extender is extending the existing network range.
Message 1 of 2
williamsrobert
Initiate

Re: Bought a new router, but now my Netgear WiFi extender is not work

Hey I was also facing this issue, thanks for your comment. I can now watch netflix on my tv coz now I have internet over my house. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7