× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bridge extender

Tony_K
Aspirant

Bridge extender

I have nighthawk ACS3200 Triband. It works great but I have zones in house that are weak. My cable come into hone in basement therefore garage and upper levels to include my front survelliance camera either connect weak or are very slow. I’m considering an extender to boost coverage . Any ideas or other suggestions.

Thank you. Tony
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Bridge extender

I would look at the triband extenders. They have much higher throughput because they don't take the 50% speed hit that standard extenders take. They do this by reserving 1 of their 5ghz bands just for router----extender communcation. 

Message 2 of 4
Tony_K
Aspirant

Is there a triband extender you would recommend?
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

All are fairly solid. 

The standard ones are the EX7500, ex7700, ex8000.  I've used the EX8000 and it worked great. 

the other option to check into is the Orbi RBS40V. It has an extender mode and has an integrated speaker. Plus its been on sale lately (on/off) for around that $100 if you watch. Its a pretty solid extender as well. I've used it in extender and orbi mode and its been solid for me. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7