× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700. Works great but I need to extend the range. Which netgear device should I buy?

JACKYB
Follower

C3700. Works great but I need to extend the range. Which netgear device should I buy?

I have a C3700 that works great but I need to extend the range. Which Neatgear device should I get 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: C3700. Works great but I need to extend the range. Which netgear device should I buy?

Pretty much all of netgears range extenders would work.

I would highly recommend the tri-band extenders. Reason why is a standard extender cuts throughput in half because it has to receive and re-transmit and can't do both at once. So its cuts throughput in half and increases latency. The tri-bands mititgate that somewhat by reserving a chip just for router-extender communcations. 

Message 2 of 4
emilyc
Tutor

Re: C3700. Works great but I need to extend the range. Which netgear device should I buy?

@plemans  I have a related question, perhaps you can help. Is the MESH EXTENDER WIFI 6 4-STREAM (Model: EAX20) compatible with the C3700? Will it help solve issues of limited range and speed with the C3700? How about the EX8000?

Thanks in advance!

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@emilyc If you start your own thread, we can go into more details but yes, either device can help. but with extenders, the router is the backbone of the system. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7