× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250—what range extender goes with this

AprilShowers
Aspirant

C6250—what range extender goes with this

what range extender models would you recommend for this modem/router?

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: C6250—what range extender goes with this

A lot depends on what you're using it for, size of the area you're trying to cover, and the features you want. I can pick a random extender but it's going to dissappoint you without more details. 

What I'd do is go to netgears extender section. You can select features you want (dual band, ethernet plugs, etc) and you can select size of area your trying to cover to narrow the list of whats available. I tend to over plan a little for the future so keep that in mind. You can also look at powerline extenders (powerline device with wifi built in) if that's something that might work for you to. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/

Message 2 of 4
AprilShowers
Aspirant

ok, here’s more details. all access is via wifi (no attached cable usage). mostly used for internet browsing and movie streaming. house is 12 inch thick adobe walls (inside and out). main portion of house is nearly square with cable modem wiring in middle of house. guest wing was added, making this an “l” shape—again 12 inch thick adobe and block walls, with common wall being 24 inches thick. total square footage is in the 3,000 square feet range. obviously we have dead zones we need to address....

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Ouch, I've never dealt with adobe walls and with it that thick, its probably going to do a great job of blocking wifi signals. can't say for sure though as I've never messed with it. 

Any chance you have ethernet wired throughout the house? Because it sounds like your house is a wifi sinkhole.  If this is true, your best bet will probably be a mesh network with ethernet backhaul and not the wireless backhaul. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7