× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can WN2500RP extend a 2.4ghz into a dual band one

bcadou
Follower

Can WN2500RP extend a 2.4ghz into a dual band one

Hi

I have a 2.4ghz network that I want to extend with a WN2500RP (i havent bought it yet, but am about to).

Can I extend it, into a new 2.4/5ghz simultaneous network? If not, can I at least extend it in a 5ghz network only? Or do the WN2500RP only extend a network in a same band network as the original one, whatever this is?

thank you
Message 1 of 3
ussperrydd844
Aspirant

Re: Can WN2500RP extend a 2.4ghz into a dual band one

This is a very difficult range extender to get up and going. There is virtually no paper work or instructions to give you any idea about what is going on with it. You are pretty much flying by the seat of your pants with it. You will find that it shows connected but will not not know what it is really doing or if it is actually extending. There are no final results illustrations to guide you.
Mine, which I am about to return, indicates it is connected and not connected at the same time.
There has to be a better choice
Message 2 of 3
DMcintos
Aspirant

Re: Can WN2500RP extend a 2.4ghz into a dual band one

I don't think it'll create a 5GHz by itself, could be wrong though. I installed the WN2500 without much trouble and it's working fine. My main router is a WNDR 3700 and about the only real problem I had was trying to figure out which MAC addresses to use. There seems to be several MAC addresses on the extender labels. About the only thing that does not seem to work is using the browser address suggested, http://mywifiext.net (or .com as someone suggested in another post) but using the IP address 192.168.1.2 works fine for me.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7