× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can not Connect NIghthawk X4 AC2200 to AC 1750 Cable Modem Router

Michaelk7
Tutor

Can not Connect NIghthawk X4 AC2200 to AC 1750 Cable Modem Router

Had it working great then an electric company cut the Suddenlink line for a day and I can not get it going again.

Working to connect the range extender to the Cable Model listed below.  I see it has the wrong MAC address listed for modem yet not sure where to change only that address.  Have a information in a pdf format on the attached file.  It is utilized on an Appple iMac.

Modem is AC1750 Cable Modem Router model C6300v2.  Extender. NIghthawk X4 AC2200 Model EX7300v2.

Reading the articles on faster modems and extenders is teempting.......LOL

Thank You for any asssistance.

Michael

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Does the modem work fine? 

If so, have you tried factory resetting the extender and reinstalling it?

Message 2 of 7
Michaelk7
Tutor

Yes Sir, Modem works great.  Have service on my iMac.  Just working on getting the extender to work.  As instructed I am working with it next to my modem then will move it to it's location down the hall. I think the MAC number is giving me the problem.

How do you factory resetting?

Thank you for replying.

Michael

Message 3 of 7
Michaelk7
Tutor

Plemans,

Yes Sir, Modem works great.  Have service on my iMac.  Just working on getting the extender to work for ipads on opposite end of home.  As instructed I am working with it next to my modem then will move it to it's location down the hall. I think the MAC number is giving me the problem.

How do you do a factory resetting?  I will try that next.

Thank you for replying,

Michaeol

Message 4 of 7
Michaelk7
Tutor

P

@Michaelk7 wrote:

Plemans,

Yes Sir, Modem works great.  Have service on my iMac.  Just working on getting the extender to work for ipads on opposite end of home.  As instructed I am working with it next to my modem then will move it to it's location down the hall. I think the MAC number is giving me the problem.

Thank you for replying,

Michaeol

Plemans,

Thank you for replying,

MichaeolP

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

to reset, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

Then follow the install guide

Message 6 of 7
Michaelk7
Tutor

Pardon the lapse in time as I have been taking care of the "Honney Do's" this afternoon.  I appreciate your time and  will tru that

If it were not for people such as yourself that give their time many people would be trouble including myself.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Michael

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7