× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access mywifiext

dford1294
Guide

Can't access mywifiext

Hi guys, I'm suddenly unable to connect to mywifiext. When I go to the url while connected to my extender, whether with wifi or ethernet, it says that I am not connected to my extender's network. When I try the default IP and the IP assigned by my routher, the page times out. When I reset the extender I WAS able to access the site, but as soon as I get to the "check this box once you have connected to your extender's wifi" page and click the continue button, it just times out again and I can no longer access the website. I have tried three different browsers and I get the same result. I have also tried assigning a static IP and subnet mask. I am completely out of ideas at this point so any input would be extremely welcome. Thanks!

Model: EX6200|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Is this a new install? 

did you install using wps or the installation assistant? 

what firmware is on the extender? 

What happens if you hardwire into versus using wifi. 

Message 2 of 10
dford1294
Guide

Not a new install, I was having trouble with it on several of my devices and when I found that I couldn’t access mywifiext I did the reset. I’ve only used the installation assistant. Hardwiring doesn’t make a difference, I still can’t access it unless I do a reset, and even then I can only get to the connection page before it times out. I’m not sure of the firmware and I’m not able to check at the moment but I’m pretty sure I updated it not more than 6 months ago.
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

did you try firefox? 

Message 4 of 10
dford1294
Guide

Yes, Firefox, safari and edge
Message 5 of 10
dford1294
Guide

At this point my extender is set up, I still can't access mywifiext, and the connection is only working on my laptop, but when I try to connect on my iPhone it shows that I'm connected but I can't load anything, and when I try to connect it to my PS4 it just times out when trying to connect. I contacted Comcast and all they said was that "Comcast routers don't support 3rd party range extenders, you have to get xfi pods" which is ridiculous considering I've been using this extender for probably 2 years now.

Message 6 of 10
dford1294
Guide

I’ve done another reset so I was able to see my firmware, it’s v1.0.3.90_1.1.125
Message 7 of 10
dford1294
Guide

Well I manually updated the firmware to the newest version and still no luck. I think I might just have to retire this old thing.

Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

have you tried it through the default ip address? 

If you factory reset the extender and then connect to it hard wired, the default address is 192.168.1.250

Message 9 of 10
dford1294
Guide

Yes I’ve tried that and still no luck. The only time I’m able to access the default IP is when I set a static IP to the connection. I was able to complete the setup that way but still I can’t connect with my PlayStation or iPhone.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7