× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access netgear 3700v2 by wifi

zaRos
Follower

Can't access netgear 3700v2 by wifi

I have problem with my router 3700v2. I can't access my router by to config it. Ig i want to config something in my router, I must to use wire. It didn't like this when I bough it. I don't know what is wrong with it. can somebody help me?

P.s: sorry for my bad english.
Message 1 of 4
fcapozzi
Aspirant

Re: Can't access netgear 3700v2 by wifi

To access the web interface from a wireless pc you have to be connected first to your wifi network. So at first you have to configure the wifi network and assign the SSID name and the type of autentication like WPA ecc. and provide a passphrase.
If you are already connected and you can surf the web try to connect to your router with the ip address you configured in the lan setting. E.G. if you router address is 192.168.1.1 if you write this address in the browser address and hit enter the router should give you a login windows with prompt for user and password. If the windows does not show up may be your security firewall rule prevent you pc to use port 80 with the router address. So check the security configuration of your router.
If in trouble try to upgrade the firmare to the lastest release and reset the router to the factory default as directed in the manual.
May be that you messed up the firewall configuration and locked out some or every wireless station.

hope this help. Bye
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

zaRos wrote:
I don't know what is wrong with it. can somebody help me?

P.s: sorry for my bad english.

You are not really specifying the issues to give you what you need to do
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Also 3700 belongs to PROPER location

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos