× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect my iPhone to Wifi extender EX8000

jrgo1978
Guide

Can't connect my iPhone to Wifi extender EX8000

Hi everyone

I can connect to my AC3000 Wifi Mesh Extender (model EX8000) with my Windows based laptops and have great Wifi/internet signal, no issues at all. However, I have no wifi/no internet service on two iPhones (models XR & 11). Both iPhones show as "connected" to the EX8000 SSID but have no internet. It was working just fine few days ago.

Could anyone share ideas on what I can to make it work again?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

What router is it connected to? 

did you set it up using wps? or what method of setup did you use? 

Make sure on the apple device that you have private mac/ip address disabled and icloud relay disabled. 

what firmware is on the extender?

Message 2 of 9
jrgo1978
Guide

Thanks for replying back!

I've already disabled both the private wifi address and the icloud relay but did not work.

I tried to connect other apple devices (1 Mac, 1 Ipad and 1 more iphone) and I'm having the same issue. I tried to connect with an android phone and worked just fine. It seems is just not working with Apple devices.

You asked me for the firmware on the extender, currently is V1.0.1.240, but I just updated the firmware couple of days ago so I believe the update just messed up with all apple devices.

The router the extender is connected to is an Arcadyan (model PRV33AC), I set the extender up using the Nigthhawk app.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

tough to find anything on that router that I can read 🙂 

You can try downgrading the firmware. Maybe something in the update caused issues with apple

Message 4 of 9
jrgo1978
Guide

Yep, can't read those symbols either!

I had the idea the firmware update was fixed, so could you please tell me how I can go back to the previous firmware? Thanks again!

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

On the support site for your device, you click downloads and then click on "view previous versions".

From there you can download the older firmware. From there follow the manual firmware update process but use the older firmware. 

EX8000 | Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 9
jrgo1978
Guide

Thank you so much!
I tried with 4 or 5 different older versions but neither work; at least I can continue using it with my Windows based devices.
Hopefully Netgear releases a new firmware that fixes this issue.
Thanks again!
Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Tried factory resetting it and reinstalling? 

Or going into the apple devices and forgetting the network?

Message 8 of 9
jrgo1978
Guide

I did it, I actually did it in the website as the app automatically checks for newer firmware versions but somehow it was reinstalled with the latest version, so frustrating!
I also forgot both the 2.4 & 5 Ghz networks but same result.
I truly appreciate taking the time to find solutions, thanks a lot!
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7