× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get IPV6 when connected to EAX15...

SSWaltersII
Tutor

Can't get IPV6 when connected to EAX15...

I have a C7000v2 cable modem Wi-Fi router on Xfinity. The router is properly configured to give IPV6 addresses to connected clients and this works perfectly if the wireless device is connected directly to the c7000v2.
However, when the devices conect via the EAX15 (AX1800) W-fFi- extender, they only get an IPV4 address.

Does the EAX15 (AX1800) not support IPV6?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't get IPV6 when connected to EAX15...

Hi SSWaltersII,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Theoretically, the devices connected to the extender should still be getting IPv6 since this is just a passthrough device. Let me check this with the appropriate department and we will get back to you soon.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't get IPV6 when connected to EAX15...

Hi SSWaltersII,

Thank you for patiently waiting. The EAX15 does support IPv6 and has verified it on the latest firmware version 1.0.3.36. The clients( devices) should be able to obtain IPv6 addresses as well. Have you tried reconfiguring or reinstalling the wireless extender? You may also try to reflash the firmware of the extender.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061572/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Extender

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series