× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log into EX6210

KMacneal
Aspirant

Can't log into EX6210

I've seen several similar questions, but they are all closed to further discussion.

I received an email that new firmware is available.  I can't access it via the IP address, the web tool that I can't mention here, or connecting a cable directly to the LAN port on my PC.  My customer support ran out earlier this month.  I have a Linksys Router.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't log into EX6120

@KMacneal wrote:

@plemans wrote:

Once its setup, it should get an ip address from the router. If you log into the router and find its ip address, can you access it using that? 

That doesn't work either.  I've tried the IP address of the wifi router----You can't access the router either? Or if you're using the router's ip address, you'll access the router. which is the goal so you can find out what address the router assigned to the extender. , and both channels of the extender.-----there's only going to be 1 ip address for the extender. Not 1 for each channel.   I've tried the default IP address again and that doesn't work either.-----If you setup the extender, it won't be using the default ip address. it'll  use the one the router assigns to it. Which is why you need to log into the router and find it. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't log into EX6210

do you mean the EX6120?

What errors are you getting? 

Is it setup in extender mode?

When you hardwire into it for setup, did you shut off wifi on the device you were using (so it doesn't default back to wifi)?

Also, did you try a different browser? 

Message 2 of 8
KMacneal
Aspirant

Yes, Sorry.  I meant EX6120.

Error when typing in IP Adress of Extender

This site can’t be reached

XXX.XXX.X.XXX refused to connect.

I don't know what you mean by setup in extender mode.

WiFi was shut off when I connected to the LAN port of the PC.

I tried both Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 8
KMacneal
Aspirant

I performed a factory reset and I was able to access the extender.  I got through the whole set up again (set up as an extender) and when I got to the confirmation step I was no longer to acess the extender through the IP address or the webtool.  I tried both a hard wire connection and wireless connection.

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

Once its setup, it should get an ip address from the router. If you log into the router and find its ip address, can you access it using that? 

Message 5 of 8
KMacneal
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

That doesn't work either.  I've tried the IP address of the wifi router, and both channels of the extender.  I've tried the default IP address again and that doesn't work either.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

@KMacneal wrote:

@plemans wrote:

That doesn't work either.  I've tried the IP address of the wifi router----You can't access the router either? Or if you're using the router's ip address, you'll access the router. which is the goal so you can find out what address the router assigned to the extender. , and both channels of the extender.-----there's only going to be 1 ip address for the extender. Not 1 for each channel.   I've tried the default IP address again and that doesn't work either.-----If you setup the extender, it won't be using the default ip address. it'll  use the one the router assigns to it. Which is why you need to log into the router and find it. 

Message 7 of 8
KMacneal
Aspirant

Got it.  Thanks!  It took a bit to find it in the Linksys interface (It's in the DHCP Client Table under Local Network).  I'm downloading and installing the firmware update now.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7