× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't login to N300/EX2700

dgb25
Aspirant

Can't login to N300/EX2700

I am attempting to setup my N300/EX 2700 Wifi Range Extender.  I join the NETGEAR_EXT and then I create a username and password along with the 2 security questions.  Save it and then I am prompted to enter the newly created username and password.  However, they don't work.  I select the "Forgot UserName or Password" link where I am asked the two security questions.  I enter them and it is exactly what I entered.  I copy the password just to be certain, but it still doesn't work.  

I did a factory reset and started over.  Same problem.  I cannot login, even though I have the username and password correct, as identifed by the security questions.

Model: WN3000RPv2|N300 WIFI Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Are there international characters or spaces/punctuation in the username and password?

You might try simplifying them, and see if that helps.

Message 2 of 6
dgb25
Aspirant

Did another factory reset and then recreated user id and password as simple as possible and still won't work.  Sending it back.  Terrible user experience.

Message 3 of 6
MarcoBo
Tutor

I am experiencing the same exact issue. I tried connecting to www.mywifiext.net and I receive an error message saying that I am not connected to the extender network (I was). I tried following the links given in the error page and they can't be reached. i tried registering the product and creating a MyNetgear profile but the My support page won't load on any browser. I am supposed to be able to access the live chat but I am ping-ponged between the same site pages that keep asking me to login without providing any real contact links. I posted a question in the community but it has now disappeared and the web site keeps switching from my own language to English any time I load a new page. Seriously annoyed by the utterly poor quality of the service. Can somebody please help set up these extenders?

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 6
MarcoBo
Tutor

@dgb25 I might have figured it out on my own. If you use a Mac, you can try following my same procedure. After you plug in the extended to a socket, connect your device to the EXT wifi network, then ignore the pop-up window that automatically comes up and try to reach any website from your browser. Instead of your chosen website, you should be redirected to the Netgear loging page. If you enter your credentials here, they should work. If this doesn't solve the issue, I'm afraid I'm clueless. Hope it helps.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 6
eedollme
Aspirant

Having the exact same issue. Attempting to load a page in the browser while ignoring the pop-up upon selection of the NETGEAR_EXT network just loads the "No internet" page in Chrome. Assuming it's a hardware issue, as seems to be the case with a lot of Netgear products.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7