× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t login to WiFi Range Extender

Spoonfingers
Aspirant

Can’t login to WiFi Range Extender

I want to login to the range extender to change its name on the network, but I can’t access the login interface via mywifiext address <br><br>It just says page not found? I’ve tried Safari and Firefox on my MacBook Pro and also my iPhone. I’m definitely using the extender on my WiFi whilst attempting the login, I’ve even connected to the main WiFi just for kicks. I’ve also tried the standard IP suggestion but still the same results?!<br><br>Does this range extender not allow for this? Am I missing something obvious? Is there any other way? Or is my Vodaphone router blocking this attempt?<br><br>Please can someone put me out of my misery. 👍🏼
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 8
Spoonfingers
Aspirant

Just to clarify the extender just shows up as standard router name + _ext but I want to name it separately to the main router with a name of my choice.
Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

have you tried logging into it using the IP address the vodaphone gives to it? 

Have you tried a different browser? 

Or even tried hardwiring into it for setup/changes? 

Message 3 of 8
Spoonfingers
Aspirant

Yeah, as above, I’ve tried the IP and two different browsers. As for hard wiring it, the MacBook Pro is wireless only, no Ethernet port.
Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Spoonfingers wrote:
Yeah, as above, I’ve tried the IP and two different browsers. As for hard wiring it, the MacBook Pro is wireless only, no Ethernet port.

what IP address? 

What are the led's on the extender doing? 

did you try setup via wps and/or using the installation wizard? 

Message 5 of 8
Spoonfingers
Aspirant

I’ve used the IP address of the WiFi extender

Connected using WPS without issue and runs quick and boosted the signal range well, so happy with that. Lights are green as expected.
Message 6 of 8
Spoonfingers
Aspirant

I can access the main vodaphone router no problem via IP but I don’t want to touch that, but for some reason I can’t access the Netgear range extender via its IP. It’s a strange one. All the troubleshooting says is that I mustn’t be connected to the ext WiFi Whilst trying to connect to the login page, but I definitely am. ??!
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

What ip address is the vodaphone giving you for it? 

what one are you using? 

Can you ping that address? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7