× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access devices connected to Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900

Kiwi-ET
Aspirant

Cannot access devices connected to Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900

Firmware: V1.0.0.66_1.0.126.     OS: MacOS Mojave (iMac and MacBookPro)  Router: Netgear VMDG485 (Virgin Media - Super Hub 2)  NAS Drives (Buffalo LS-QV2.0TL/R5 and Buffalo LS441D0404)

I am having inconsistencey in accessing the NAS drives that are connected to the Ethernet ports of the Nighthawk AC1900 WIFI range extender. The range exender connects directly to the router that uses the same name for both a 2G and 5G wireless connection. The range extender uses the default names for the extended wireless extension.

The problem is that I don't seem to be able to access the drives if I am connected to the router. Even connected to one of the range finder wireless network, the older NAS drive (LS-QV2.0TL) is not being made available as a time machine backup. I seem to be able to access the drives through finder. The iMac seems to have fewer problems that the MacBook Pro.

Both drives were accessable when using a Netgear powerline extender.

We also use SONOS system which is fussy about things being connected to the same wireless network. It will not access the NAS drives even when connected to a WIFI network from the extender.

Can anyone give me any clues about how to set them up to work so that we can access the drives from the network published by the router? At the moment, the WIFI extender is looking like an expensive mistake.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot access devices connected to Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900

Can you ping the NAS using it's IP address?

Message 2 of 3
Kiwi-ET
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access devices connected to Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900

Right now, I can see both NAS drives when connected via the extender network. One has an IP address generated by the Virgin Media Router, the other has what looks like a self generated IP address. I am able to access both drives setup pages using the browser. The one that had the self generated IP address just changed its IP while I was looking at the settings. It now has one gnerated by the Virgin Media router.

I restarted the time machine servers on both NAS drives and now the backups are working and I can see the drives and manipulate them from the Macs.

I some how seem to have reset the iTunes library on the NAS server that we run it from and now SONOS is working again.

It is as though the verious connected servers and applications were keeping track of the network and ips that were being used and refusing to connect until reset.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7