× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot configure N300 Extender

DaveFrei
Aspirant

Cannot configure N300 Extender

I am trying to set up my extender. I go to www.mywifiext.net and am able to find my network and set it up. I am able to put in security etc, It then says to wait while the extender finishes setup. But then I go right back to the first screen where it says it is detecting wireless networks. Never sets up my new extended configuration. Any ideas? I did do a factory reset on extender (twice).Thanks

Message 1 of 4
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DaveFrei,

Which N300 Extender are you using? (WN3000RP, EX2700, etc.)

Is the extender placed next to the router during setup?

Which router is connected to the extender?

Message 2 of 4
DaveFrei
Aspirant

I have the WN2000RPT. I am trying to extend a network with an Apple Airport Express router. When trying to set up network/extender, I was about 10-12 feet from router. Through genie, I was able to find network and configure, but when it would try to finalize, genie would just start over at finding existing networks.

Message 3 of 4
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please try connecting the WN2000RPT and Airport Express via WPS.

For WPS on the Airport:
Open the AirPort Utility, select your router and click "Manual Setup."
Next open the "Base Station" menu, located on the display's top menu bar, select "Add Wireless Clients..." and proceed.

You can also connect ethernet from your computer to WN2000RPT and proceed with setup. Once the connection is established. Open an internet browser and go to mywifiext.net

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7