× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connect on 5GHz

bighowy
Aspirant

Im using the r6100 router with a wnda3100 usb dual band adapter
I have never been able to get 5 gig until I went into device manager and disabled the built in wifi adapter. Now it works every time. Using win7 64 bit Pro
Message 26 of 33

Re: Cannot connect on 5GHz - I am having the exact same problem. Is there anyone from

I am having the exact same problem. Is there anyone from Netgear that can help?
Message 27 of 33
KirknDee
Aspirant

I have a WNDR3400 and a WN2500RP both show up on my laptop but the 5 GHZ light does not go on. I can see the extender on the laptop and it connects to my network but I have trouble connecting to the extender. I can connect directly using wireless to network an I connecting via the extender?
Message 28 of 33
pat35249
Aspirant

The access list would make it harder to log in.:(
Message 29 of 33
Tadeaswayson
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem too...any help?:o
Message 30 of 33
IcyFrog2
Aspirant

LOL Shortly my Ass yea well the damn thins was working since last October niw it is not why got no idea unless the 5g radio card is blown I am trying the channel 44 thing someone recommended so we see but even so the GUI shouldn't ask for registration and re input all information everytime I reset or try fix yea I firmly believe need new firmware or something is blown which is how things are made now to keep economy going just like tvs now used last 20 years or more now they expect you to buy in 10 or less if that.
Message 31 of 33
IcyFrog2
Aspirant

LOL Shortly my Ass yea well the damn thing was working since last October now it is not why got no idea unless the 5g radio card is blown I am trying the channel 44 thing someone recommended so we see but even so the GUI shouldn't ask for registration and re input all information everytime I reset or try fix yea I firmly believe need new firmware or something is blown which is how things are made now to keep economy going just like tvs used last 20 years or more now they expect you to buy in 10 or less if that.
Message 32 of 33
sgillas
Aspirant

I am having this problem too.  I am trying to connect to a R6100.

This also fails to manintain a connection even at non-5G, in the SAME room.  I have over a dozen devices all on either normal or 5G in house working fine, so it's not the router...

I see this has been an ongoing support issue for years with little/no support from Netgear.  I purchased this one in particular to make things "easy" since my router was netgear.  But, alas no.  So, thanks to Amazon Prime, it goes back and I switch maufacturers....

~ Shawn

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7