× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to EX6200

defpony
Follower

Cannot connect to EX6200

Hi, I've had this hardware for over 6 months now, and for the majority of the time it has been fine. In the last month or so I have noticed that the EX6200 will drop its connection every few days and I have to go through the setup again. Well the last time it dropped its connection I have been unable to load the setup. I have tried all methods listed and I've been unable to connect to www.mywifiext.net.

The lights on the device are going crazy; all 9 lights will light up green, then the 1-5 lights will drop then reappear after a second, then all lights will drop and just the 2.4, 5 & link lights will illuminate amber. Then those 3 will drop and all 9 come back on green again. This cycle takes about 5 seconds and just repeats. The reset button does nothing, the WPS button does nothing. I've turned the power off and on multiple times and tried multiple devices. 

I cant connect to update the firmware using the instructions provided. It seems I can't do anything with it.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cannot connect to EX6200

Hello defpony

When trying to reset the device you need to hold the reset button for 10 seconds. If you still can not get the device to work and its still under warranty contact Netgear support.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7