× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to EX7300 using mywifiext.com

Neneva
Aspirant

Cannot connect to EX7300 using mywifiext.com

I followed the directions in the article https://kb.netgear.com/29746/I-can-t-access-www-mywifiext-net-what-do-I-do, and reset my macbook pro IP address to 192.168.1.249 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 as instructed.  Then I was able to connect to the EX7300 and set up my extended network.  I gave the network a name, and set a password.  I was also prompted to name a 5G network and gave it the same password, although as far as I know my router (Netgear C3000) has only one bandwidth, and no 5G. I can now go online using my extended network.  I wanted to reconnect to the EX7300 Extender using www.mywifiext.com, using Ethernet, or on the new extended network, and was not able to.  I wanted to update the firmware, and also to change one of the passwords.  I am quite frustrated, and I don't know what else to do. I have tried different browsers, restarted the computer, unplugged and replugged ethernet cable.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Neneva
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect to EX7300 using mywifiext.com

Just to follow up. I disconnected ethernet, and then I was able to connect to mywifiext.com. I had no luck accessing any settings using Firefox.  I tried Chrome and was able to update the firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Neneva
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect to EX7300 using mywifiext.com

Just to follow up. I disconnected ethernet, and then I was able to connect to mywifiext.com. I had no luck accessing any settings using Firefox.  I tried Chrome and was able to update the firmware.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series