× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to Fire Stick with EX3700

topsk8r4ever
Aspirant

Cannot connect to Fire Stick with EX3700

Today I setup my EX3700 and it works great on my phone but when trying to connect to my Fire Stick, it gets stuck on Obtaining IP Address. I'm using a ASUS RT-N66U router if that helps. Do you believe this should work and there is likely a setting on the router that needs to happen?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot connect to Fire Stick with EX3700

1. What firmware is your ex3700 on?

2. Have you tried changing wifi channels? I've had success with changing wifi channels helping with connection.

3. Does anything else struggle to connect to the extender? 

4. Are you connecting to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

5. What mode are you using on the extender? There's the option of fastlane that helps with throughput. 

Message 2 of 4
topsk8r4ever
Aspirant

1. What firmware is your ex3700 on?

>V1.0.0.72_1.0.47

2. Have you tried changing wifi channels? I've had success with changing wifi channels helping with connection.

> Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking or how to do this

3. Does anything else struggle to connect to the extender? 

> I've connected two phones with no problems

4. Are you connecting to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

> Trying on 2.4ghz as that is a "very good" connection but 5ghz is only "good"

5. What mode are you using on the extender? There's the option of fastlane that helps with throughput. 

> Not sure what you are asking again

When to try again to answer these questions and it looks like it is connecting now. Maybe I should be fine now and it just took a while for some reason?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

It could be but here's some answers. 

here's the info on fastlane:

https://kb.netgear.com/24662/What-is-FastLane-Technology-and-how-do-I-configure-it

You can go into your devices settings and change you wifi channel. The manual walks you through doing it. 

I'd recommend trying your 5ghz connection. It might have only a "good" connection but 5ghz has potential for higher throughput (speeds). 2.4ghz is better at distance. Worth trying both and seeing which works better. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7