× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot enter admin on WG102

JonWill
Aspirant

Cannot enter admin on WG102

I have been using a WG102 access point for several years. Now one of my wireless devices is struggling to connect. It has been suggested that there may be a channel conflict with a neighbouring wireless network. Therefore I am trying to access the WAP device on my network.

I have tracked down the device on my network using its MAC address and tried both the static IP address assigned and the default IP address - however neither take me to the log in screen. I have tried this with my firewall disabled. The access point is connected to my network switch (a Netgear GS105) which is in turn connected via ethernet to my BT HomeHub wireless router.

Any thoughts on how to access the WAP?

Thanks,

Jon
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Cannot enter admin on WG102

directly connect pc and wg102 and bypass the switch and try again
Message 2 of 6
JonWill
Aspirant

Thanks for this. I've just tried that still can't get in (I tried two different network cables, unplugged the WAP from the mains for 10s and disabled my Firewall - used my my main desktop machine - in case this has any bearing :)).

Error message in Firefox reads:

Failed to Connect

The connection was refused when attempting to contact 192.168.0.229. Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.
- Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
- Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
- Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Any help gratefully received (although the unreliable wireless device, my internet radio alarm, obviously worked this morning!)

Jon
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

google angry ip scanner and scan192.168.0.1~192.168.0.254 and check if exist on 229
Message 4 of 6
JonWill
Aspirant

Finally solved this (sorry for the delay in getting back!)

Angry IP scanner showed not IP addresses active in that range. However I found another thread that you had contributed to

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=51531

That sorted it - I needed to give my PC a static IP address in the same range as the router in order to access it. I have now been able to change the WAP to the correct range and can now see it on my network.

Thanks for the help!

J
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sounds great... enjoy! 🙂
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation