× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot setup Canon printer with new Windows 7PC

geezer
Aspirant

Cannot setup Canon printer with new Windows 7PC

My old PC running XP died and now have new PC running Windows 7. The old and the new PCs are wired connected to the router. Under old PC my Canon MX860 was wireless connected to NetGear624v3 router. I cannot get new PC to recognize the printer. I have (I hope) followed the instructions from Canon. I get to the point where I set the printer to find the router and the instructions say
"To connect to the access point with WEP, WPA or WPA2 displayed in the encryption column, enter the network key, then click Connect.

What is and where do I find the "network key"?
Sorry to be so dense.
geezer
Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Cannot setup Canon printer with new Windows 7PC

network key is also labeled as encryption

login the wireless devices and fetch or if you see ***** then make NEW ONE and update ALL wifi devices
Message 2 of 9
geezer
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:

login the wireless devices and fetch or if you see ***** then make NEW ONE and update ALL wifi devices

Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately I know almost nothing about configuring a router. I did set up this printer to a previous computer, but that's not helping me know. I open the router, but do not find words "encryption" or "fetch". I did open Attached Devices and find my iPhone (192.168.1.4) and the new PC (192.168.1.5. The first space (192.168.1.2) is blank. The second space (192.168.1.3) upon refresh shows "F6768F000000 ".
Upon second refresh, the entry F6768F000000 went away and 162.168.1.5 appeared showing blank.
Can you dumb your answer down? Or if there is a basic primer or item in the KB point me to it. I looked but don't see anything that seems to help. Of course it may be because I don't understand even basic terminology to get started.
Thanks,
geezer
Message 3 of 9
geezer
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:

Can't find way to edit a post especially if not yet cleared for posting. I did find documentation. If you prefer I will read that and post if still have problems. If you can give a hint on where to start my study that would help.

Thanks,
geezer
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

wireless encryption are ONLY listed under wireless settings.

suggest to download the manual of the router at support.netgear.com
http://interface.netgear-forum.com/WGT624v3/WLG_wireless.htm
Message 5 of 9
geezer
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:

I have reviewed the manual as you suggested. To make sure I understand your suggestion - when I open using routerlogin.net I find on the network page in the window next to passphrase *******. If that is the place you refer to do I understand your instructions to mean that I should delete its contents and type in a new passphrase?
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

wireless settings..............
Message 7 of 9
geezer
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
wireless settings..............

I'm sorry. The only thing in your message is "wireless settings".:confused:

Can you repost, please so I get the entire message.
If that was the entire message, I take it to mean that I am to delete and renter a passphrase on the screen "wireless settings", which is the screen I was talking about in my last post.
Message 8 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I take it to mean that I am to delete and renter a passphrase on the screen "wireless settings"

pretty much.. :):)
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7