× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot update firmware on ex6100

TravelerTD
Aspirant

Cannot update firmware on ex6100

When I try to update my ex6100 firmware by going to mywifiext.net, I get the following screen. I am on wifi through the extender while trying to log into mywifiext.net. How do I get to the right place to look for the update?

You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network.

If your router and extender use the same WiFi network name (SSID), follow these instructions:

Note: These instructions apply only to the following extenders:

• Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model EX8000
      • Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model EX7700
      • Nighthawk X4S AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model EX7500
      • Nighthawk X4 AC2200 Dual-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model EX7300
      • AC1900 Dual-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model EX6400

To log in to your extender, enter one of the following URLs in your web browser depending on your device:

Note: To find your extender's IP address, log in to your router and look for a list of devices connected to your router. The extender's IP address displays in the list. For more information, see your router's user manual.

If your router and extender use different WiFi network names (SSIDs), make sure that your device is connected to your extender's network.

To log in to your extender, enter mywifiext.net in your web browser.

For more information, visit http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29746.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot update firmware on ex6100

You can find the extender's IP address in your router's attached devices list, and then browse to the extender's address.

Message 2 of 3
TravelerTD
Aspirant

Re: Cannot update firmware on ex6100

You are a rock star. Thanks for helping out.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7