× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect to extender (AC1900)

Pedowski
Aspirant

Cant connect to extender (AC1900)

It has worked before, but now i cant connect any device to any of the extended-wifies, everything is green. Will only work if i put ethernet cable from router in to it, but i need it for extending my network.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cant connect to extender (AC1900)

@Pedowski wrote:

Can connect to myeifiext.net but i cant use internet. Hardware is : Ex7000 and Firmware version is: V1.0.1.78_1.0.140

Thx.  Lots of folks here have had trouble with that firmware.  I suggest that you try downgrading to 1.0.0.66.  Then do another reset, and see if that solves it.  https://kb.netgear.com/000059563/EX7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-66

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Did you try resetting the extender and setting it up again?

Message 2 of 8
Pedowski
Aspirant

multiple times

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Do you know what firmware you are running?

Can you connect a laptop to the ethernet port?  If you can, then try browsing to www.mywifiext.net (which is the extender's web page), and see if that shows the extender connected to the router. 

Message 4 of 8
Pedowski
Aspirant

Firmware should be BIOS

right now i have my pc connected thorugh ethernet and connected to my normal wifi. and yes it shows normal wifi connected to extender, all green

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Pedowski wrote:

Firmware should be BIOS

I'm asking what firmware is running in the extender.

If you can connect the PC ethernet to the extender (and turn the PC wifi off), then it would be helpful if you can browse to www.mywifiext.net.  That will take you to the extender's web UI.  From there you can see the extender's firmware version, and also the status of the extender->router network.  Also, it would be useful to know if the PC can reach the internet when you connect it that way.

Message 6 of 8
Pedowski
Aspirant

Can connect to myeifiext.net but i cant use internet. Hardware is : Ex7000 and Firmware version is: V1.0.1.78_1.0.140

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Pedowski wrote:

Thx.  Lots of folks here have had trouble with that firmware.  I suggest that you try downgrading to 1.0.0.66.  Then do another reset, and see if that solves it.  https://kb.netgear.com/000059563/EX7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-66

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7