× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant see or connect to 5GHz with A6200 Wifi Adaptor

karacik
Aspirant

Cant see or connect to 5GHz with A6200 Wifi Adaptor

Hi all!

If there's anyone who can help me detect and connect to the 5GHz option that would be amazing!

Im using the A6200 usb wifi adapter on my work computer and can sucessfully connect to 2.4GHz from my Technicolor Modem but I cant see or connect to the 5GHz. I've tried WPS and connecting manually to a hidden network but that just limits me to the 2.4GHz.

My laptop and phone connect to the 5GHz no problem. 

Anyone else had this issue and figured out a solution? I need the extra speed for my work computer 😞

Thanks in advance!

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
karacik
Aspirant

Re: Cant see or connect to 5GHz with A6200 Wifi Adaptor

Changed wireless channel to 36 from 180 and all is good 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
karacik
Aspirant

Changed wireless channel to 36 from 180 and all is good 🙂

Message 2 of 4
nielsvds
Luminary

Doesn't your laptop has a build in Wi-Fi chip? 
Try disabling the build in Wi-Fi chip in device manager. Hold windows key together with r now type devmgmt.msc press enter, expand network cards and disable the intern Wi-Fi chip and only let A6200 enabled. But you should ask your IT if you are allowed to do that.

As a test move as closest to your Technicolor modem/router (internet gateway) and see if you now can see the 5Ghz  network.

Message 3 of 4
karacik
Aspirant

Yeh! Laptop connects fine, so does my phone. It was the PC with the Netgear usb wifi adapter that wasnt connecting. Changed the channel and it works now 🙂

Edit: I dont have an ethernet cable long enough to reach this computer, so I use a wifi adapter instead. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7