× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Caved an picked up an EX7000

netwrks
Master

Caved an picked up an EX7000

I picked up an EX7000 today, I was interested in giving this puppy a try.. Took a bit to sorrt out the setup / configuration.. So far, so good. I am running it, in AP mode. I wish Netgear would have added a config feature to turn off WPS, after you made your config change, especially, in AP mode. 

EDIT: It would be nice if Netgear would stop dumbing down these devices, or give us an option to load different firmware, based on skill set. Third party firmware developer's are doing so much more with NG's hardware, and software presentation. NG, not so much. ( A bit of a rant).. 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: Caved an picked up an EX7000

Although the EX7000 seems like a nice piece of hardware, (didn't drop any of my wifi connections)  the minimal configuration on the router is a turn off. I returned the product for a refund. I like a little more than what's offered from the firmware, and, no 3rd party releases at this time..

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Re: Caved an picked up an EX7000

Although the EX7000 seems like a nice piece of hardware, (didn't drop any of my wifi connections)  the minimal configuration on the router is a turn off. I returned the product for a refund. I like a little more than what's offered from the firmware, and, no 3rd party releases at this time..

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7