× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cell Phone Hot Spot as Part of my Nighthawk Network

mhinh
Novice

Cell Phone Hot Spot as Part of my Nighthawk Network

My download capacity is limited to 17Gb per month (rooftop dish for internet access with exeed). I have 10Gb available on our cell phone accounts. When we run out of exeed capacity we use our smart phones as mobile hotspots for internet access. But - when we do this we cannot access several things - such as our Readyshare storage coneected to the NH, my Sonos sound system that is hard wired to the NH as well as a couple of other things. Is it possible for my smartphone to 'join' my home network so that I can connect the sonos through my phone to our network. Is it possible for me to configure my readyshare storage to allow it to be seen by my mobile device when the device is a standalone hot spot? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Cell Phone Hot Spot as Part of my Nighthawk Network

In order of your devices to be able to communicate to each other you should be connected on the same network. If your Phone is using the data network that means it will be disconnected from the routers network which results to your phone not being able to see other devices.
Message 2 of 4
mhinh
Novice

Yes - I can see they are always separate now but Is there a way to 'connect' the data network with my home network?
Message 3 of 4
Fairytail
Virtuoso

It is not possible. Even your devices does not have any options to use both Data network and home network at the same time. It is always one at a time.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7