× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changed my router and now my WN3000RPv2 extender won't accept the new password.

Hawkstar
Aspirant

Changed my router and now my WN3000RPv2 extender won't accept the new password.

So I ended my contract with BT and started a new contract with tentel. They sent a new router and when I tried to set up the extender with this router, it won't accept the router password. I have completeley reset the extender and it shows up on the wifi system, yet when I tap in the password for the router, it says password invalid. I've tried it with the extender connected to the router directly and also with it connected to my Macbook directly, but either wired or wireless, it doesn't accept the password. What am I doing wrong? I've also tried to get onto mywifiext.net but to no avail as it says I'm not connected to my extenders network, yet I cannot connect to the network! I've tried all the troubleshooting pages, but no luck there either. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 3
evaaxbrink
Initiate

Re: Changed my router and now my WN3000RPv2 extender won't accept the new password.

I have the same problem. Drivning me up the wall. /regards from Sweden.
Message 2 of 3
netwrks
Master

Re: Changed my router and now my WN3000RPv2 extender won't accept the new password.

If you have a new Base router, reset your extender to factory default and reconfigure the extender.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7