× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changing to a new Network Procedure - Airbridge WBC502B2

Azurelink
Star

Changing to a new Network Procedure - Airbridge WBC502B2

I am having problems switching my Insight Instant Airbridge from one Comcast network Internet connection to another Internet-only router. The cable modem and router are Motorola units and the Lan ports work fine. I assumed I could just unplug the ethernet cable of the Airbridge master unit from the old Comcast router and plugit into a Lan port on the new one. But I dont get Internet on my Airbridge satellite. I've power cycled the master and the satellite, as well as the router connected to the satellite, but no joy.

If anyone has some tips on the proper procedure, please post it here. Thanks in advance!

Model: WBC502 Insight Instant Wireless AirBridge
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Changing to a new Network Procedure - Airbridge WBC502B2

You might get more help on the business wireless forum. 

I didn't see a forum specifically for the airbridge (netgear doesn't make it easy to choose forums) but the business side of it is going to have more people that use that product as well as the moderators on there tend to be a bit more involved. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/bd-p/business-wireless-for-business

Did you try factory resetting the airbridge setup and starting over? 

Message 2 of 4
Azurelink
Star

Thanks Plemons! I'll do that. You'd think it would be as simple as just pluging into the new router...

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

It should be that simple. but something might have changed enough a new setup is needed. And I've never used that device to know much about it other than the basics. The business wireless might have 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7