× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Channel connectivity issues

pquebodeaux
Guide

Channel connectivity issues

I have been having some connection issues with my extender ever since I replaced and upgraded my modem from AT&T to fiber optic.  Now, it connects to WiFi, but the channels won't connect, that being 2.4GHz and 5GHz.  I was on the phone for one hour the other day with Netgear support and she couldn't figure it out.  I am thinking it is time to replace the extender? Has anyone else have this issue? Looking for help.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

1. What actual router/gateway do you have from att? 

2. you have the ex7500? what firmware is on it? 

3. if you have the ex7500, factory reset it. Then during the install process (using the installation assistant), uncheck the "extend 2.4ghz" box. You'll still be able to use 2.4ghz but the ex7500 will only use the dedicated 5ghz as backhaul. I've seen it use the 2.4ghz as failover and cause instability issues. 

Message 2 of 7
pquebodeaux
Guide

Thanks for your response.  The router that AT&T installed is a BGW320.  The firmware is V1.0.1.76_1.0.80.  I have performed the factory reset numerous times but I will uncheck the 2.4GHz box this time and try that.   Thanks again.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 7
pquebodeaux
Guide

Tried the reset but still not working.
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Whats it showing on the connections page status? (it'll show backhaul/fronthaul connection info)

Are you getting an error? 

Are you using the one wifi feature? Or smart connect?

Message 5 of 7
pquebodeaux
Guide

I'm using the Smart connect and also apply directly on the 2.4GHz channel, I'm not sure what you mean by Wifi feature.  As far as status, it says I'm am connected but the channels are not.  I don't get any errors at all. What I have noticed since you told me to deselect the 2.4 channel is I can now change to different channels under that category.  Tried doing that and it didn't help.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@pquebodeaux wrote:

I'm using the Smart connect and also apply directly on the 2.4GHz channel, I'm not sure what you mean by Wifi feature.---The one wifi feature is its mesh functions.   As far as status, it says I'm am connected but the channels are not. ----a screensnip helps more than what you wrote. I'm not sure if you're talking about the connection to router or devices. Its why photos help more and was why I asked about them.  I don't get any errors at all. What I have noticed since you told me to deselect the 2.4 channel is I can now change to different channels under that category.  Tried doing that and it didn't help.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7