× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Client Link LED no light

Martika
Tutor

Client Link LED no light

No light at all. I tried to do the setup again and again but the Client Link LED remains dark even next to the router. Tried to ask help from Netgear but since they already have my money I got no reply. Can perhaps somebody out there help me?

Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

The client link is only lit if you have a client device connected to the extender.  Have you tried connecting a PC or mobile device to it's client wifi network?

Message 2 of 10
Martika
Tutor

Dear StephenB,

thank you for your email. There are four wifi networks on my mobile ending with EXT. It is two more than I originally installed. These must be connected to the extender. The only additional piece of information I can add is that the router had to be changed recently and my IPS sent me an identical one.

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Martika wrote:

There are four wifi networks on my mobile ending with EXT.

Or from your neighbor??? 

Perhaps try resetting the extender again - bringing it back to factory settings (only one wifi network).  Then connect to one of the extender neworks, and go to mywifiext.net in your browser.  (Don't press the WPS button).  That should bring up a setup program, and you can complete the setup from your browser.

Message 4 of 10
Martika
Tutor

Dear StephenB,

thank you very much.

Could you please help me by writing down the process step by step. My technical ability stops at changing the battery in a torch.

Thank you once again.

Martika

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Martika wrote:

Could you please help me by writing down the process step by step

Can you try the manual ( http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX7300/EX7300_UM_EN.pdf )?

The reset is described on page 36.

The setup method is on page 11 - the section title is Connect With the NETGEAR Installation Assistant.  Ignore the section on page 9 (titled Connect With WPS)

Message 6 of 10
Martika
Tutor

Dear StephenB,

I have no difficulty with resetting the device. My problems are:

1) Originally there were two networks:Name-2GEXT and Name_5GEXT. (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Recently two more appeared: Name_2GEXT_2GEXT and Name_5GEXT_5GEXT. It seems to me that the latter two receive better signal than the 2 original ones.

2) I was hoping to sort it out once I could get into mywifiext.net  but it says You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network, It is really surprising because the light has decided to come on therefore it is connected when it is on the Name_5GEXT_5GEXT network.

I would be grateful if you could sort out the case of too many networks. My video doorbell,my router and my alarm system were set to Name_2GEXT. In fact the doorbell can only work on 2.4 GHz.

I downloaded the manual when I bought the extender but never understood the Connect With the NETGEAR Installation Assistant.

Thank you for your help.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 7 of 10
Martika
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

@Martika wrote:

Can you try the manual ( http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX7300/EX7300_UM_EN.pdf )?

The reset is described on page 36.

The setup method is on page 11 - the section title is Connect With the NETGEAR Installation Assistant.  Ignore the section on page 9 (titled Connect With WPS)

Dear StephenB,

since your last email I have had a look again at the Installation Assistant part of the manual. For a start I have only one Ethernet port on my computer and that is used to connect the router. So there is no chance to follow those instructions.Then I looked at Windows WiFi settings and the available networks are exaxtly the same as on my mobile.

I hope you understand that in the circumstances it is up to Netgear to put right my device which is less than 6 months old and which has given me more headache than all the other added together. I would appreciate an early solution,it's been draggiong on a bit too long.

Message 8 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Martika wrote:

I hope you understand that in the circumstances it is up to Netgear to put right my device which is less than 6 months old and which has given me more headache than all the other added together. I would appreciate an early solution,it's been draggiong on a bit too long.

I don't work for Netgear, I am just a community member who tries to help people here.  You'll need to make that argument to Netgear support directly (or maybe a Netgear mod).

@Martika wrote:
For a start I have only one Ethernet port on my computer and that is used to connect the router. So there is no chance to follow those instructions.

You can move the PC ethernet from the router to the extender for this (plugging in the extender near the PC of course).

Message 9 of 10
Peppygirl
Initiate

PI have had the exact problem getting the client light to say lit after setting up the extender. I can’t count the number of times I reset and went through the set up only to have the client light to go out during the setup. I had just about given up when my 14 year old granddaughter set her WiFi to the 5G (there was also 2G and the original WiFi setting) and the client light came on. I have set our iPhones and iPads to the 5G and the extender really works to improve the strength.  By the way, I had a new router that started the whole extender problem. Markita, it is worth a try to check out the 2G and 5G to see if it will work for you. I am a senior citizen with little computer skill so I may be calling settings by the wrong name. Here’s hoping you find this works for you!  Peppy

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7