× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Client Link LED on EX7700 not indicating when WiFi enabled computer is activated.

denlee
Initiate

Client Link LED on EX7700 not indicating when WiFi enabled computer is activated.

On a Model EX7700 Nighthawk X6 WiFi Mesh Extender the Client Link LED is not illuminating when a WiFi enabled computer is in use.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Client Link LED on EX7700 not indicating when WiFi enabled computer is activated.

the EX7700 has smart roaming and onewifi function. Meaning your device might be running off the router and not the extender if it roamed to the routers connection.

Is your device actually connected to it? 

Is it causing issues? 

Message 2 of 4
denlee
Initiate

Thanks for yur comments, I believe that the WiFi enabled computer maybe working off my main router (which is of high quality) and therefore not picking up on the extender.

Excuse my ignorance but how do you log into the extender, I thought it was an automatic function; turn on computer / computer logs into the strongest signal [assuming that the extender would be the strongest signal due to the distance of the computer from the main router. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

there's 2 ways (or more) that I use to log into the extender. 

mywifiext . net

or 

using its ip address. your routers attached devices page (or equivelent) will have its ip address

The computer itself chooses which to connect to based off signal strength, router vs extender (adds latency), and other random factors. It might be that the connection is as good speedwise as directly off the extender because extenders do slow speeds a little bit and increase latency. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7