× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Coming back to Netgear for home use after many years of Fortinet (thinking of adding a EX7000)

mgx72
Follower

Coming back to Netgear for home use after many years of Fortinet (thinking of adding a EX7000)

I am thinking about adding a EX7000 range extender to my R8000 which is behind a CM700.

I want to connect in AP mode (have a Cat6e direct burial run already to my workshop), I have read that the 5 port switch that is built in to the EX700 will no longer function, except for the home run back to the R8000 router, this makes no sense to me why enabling the EX7000 in AP mode would disable all but one of the five ports on the switch and all devices would have to be connected via WiFi. Can anyone here confirm or deny this? Thanks in advance!

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Coming back to Netgear for home use after many years of Fortinet (thinking of adding a EX7000)

Yes the ports will still work when putting the Device in AP mode.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Coming back to Netgear for home use after many years of Fortinet (thinking of adding a EX7000)

Yes the ports will still work when putting the Device in AP mode.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7