× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Compatibility

davegreenway
Aspirant

Compatibility

Can I use the Nighthawk X4S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender with my Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender?

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

that usually works the best. they're both triband extenders so will use the backhaul channel for connecting to the router. The only time there's an issue is if the extenders are to close to each other and try to connect to the other extenders wifi instead of back to the router. 

If this happens, all you'd need to do is change one of the extenders to a unique ssid for differentiation. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You want to go:  router--->ex7500--->ex7700?   A daisy chain setup.

it should but every hop in the connection is going to add latency. I'm not sure if you'll see a speed decrease or not because of the wireless backhaul of both devices.  I've never used more than a single triband extender. Usually when people are needing more than a single extender, I recommend the orbi setup that's designed for both star and daisy chain configurations.  

Any chance of going:  EX7500<---router--->EX7700?  its a star configuration and tends to have less latency. 

Message 2 of 5
davegreenway
Aspirant

Yes, I would like to go  EX7500<---router--->EX7700? 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

that usually works the best. they're both triband extenders so will use the backhaul channel for connecting to the router. The only time there's an issue is if the extenders are to close to each other and try to connect to the other extenders wifi instead of back to the router. 

If this happens, all you'd need to do is change one of the extenders to a unique ssid for differentiation. 

Message 4 of 5
davegreenway
Aspirant

Super. Thanks so much for all the help
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements