× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connect non wireless device to wireless network

dennisr0
Aspirant

Connect non wireless device to wireless network

I want a device that will connect to the wireless network and that has 1 or more Ethernet jacks in order to plug in a network device that can't connect to wireless on it's own.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

They do make a wireless bridge/adapter but for the same price you can get an extender and have a backup extender. 

That's the route I'd probably go. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

So you have a device that only takes a wired input that you want to be able to connect to wireless?

You could get a wireless extender that has an ethernet port. So the extender connects to wireless and you hardwire the wired device into it. 

Message 2 of 4
dennisr0
Aspirant

What I have is a netgear wireless extender connecting my router in the house to my building across a farmyard driveway(not to be confused with a city driveway). That works fine for security cameras in the buildingbecause the cameras are wireless. But I also need to connect something to my network that is not wireless but has an ethernet port. I have thought of using another extender to communicate with the present extender and provide an ethernet port. I am not sure how that would work or if there is a better way. Any acvice on this would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

They do make a wireless bridge/adapter but for the same price you can get an extender and have a backup extender. 

That's the route I'd probably go. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7