× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connected to Extender, but no Internet

raynerja
Aspirant

Connected to Extender, but no Internet

I see that there is another thread where the resolution was buying a different brand extender. This is my 2nd attempt at an extender (1st brand as an off brand - ROCKSPACE), so I figured I'd ask before going to buy a new one. 

I can connect to the extender wifi network, but when I run airport utility or try to open a webpage - no internet. I'm getting identical IPs to my regular network. My friend who works in IT tried helping me, and no luck. I was on with Netgear customer service multiple times and no luck. Any ideas? Is there something on my router blocking the data from pushing through to the extender? 

We can't connect with apple, google, or lenovo devices. 

Thanks!

Model: EX3920|AC750 WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
raynerja
Aspirant

We weren't, so I tried a new brand and it worked no problem. Not sure what the problem was...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ranerja, 

Were you able to finish the set up instructions for the extender?

~Christian 

Message 2 of 7
raynerja
Aspirant

We weren't, so I tried a new brand and it worked no problem. Not sure what the problem was...

Message 3 of 7
tokne
Aspirant

I had the same problem with a N300 Wifi Range Extender but was able to finally solve it. Initially, although I can connect the extender to the router, the devices that are connected to the extender did not have internet. In my case, it was the router (Netgear WNDR3400v3) that was causing the problem. It has, by default, the extender's internet "Blocked". I was able to change its status to "Allowed" by going to the router's configuration website (www.routerlogin.net).

I did not have to buy a more expensive model or try a new brand.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 7
tonyblakie
Tutor

EX7000 - I set up the device as an extender for my BT HomeHub 6. It sets up, but then when I connect my laptop to the extender, it gets assigned an IP address like:

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.5.95

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0

When it should be getting something like :

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.234

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

which ultimately leads my laptop to be able to connect to the internal network but then have no internet access. Ant idea how I set the IP address of the extender now its set up so to assigned it a correct IP addresses?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tonyblakie - Please refer to page 37 of the user manual

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX7000/EX7000_UM_21dec2014.pdf

~Christian 

Message 6 of 7
vantyler
Aspirant

What I had to do was type the IP address- 192.168.1.250 into my browser and then I was able to connect

This page was helpful https://kb.netgear.com/29746/I-can-t-access-www-mywifiext-net-what-do-I-do very annoying that this solution is not in any of the provide instructions or videos.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7