× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connected to Extender, but no Internet

B-dogga
Aspirant

Connected to Extender, but no Internet

Hi

Like others I've seen here, I've connected the externder with the router with solid green for both 2.4 and 5 GHz. 

I've also got good wifi connection on my laptops, both Mac and PC, and my Samsung phone.

But there is no internet connection on any of the devices. Internet works fine when I bypass the extender, but non existent through it.

Ta

Model: EX6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
additude
Virtuoso

It's possible that your equipment is out of range so move it closer together to verify that you are not having any propogation issues.

First, be sure that when you initially setup the extender that the extender was within close proximity (5 - 10 ft) to the router.

After setup, keep the extender within 15 - 20 ft "line of sight" of the router. No walls, no windows, no obstacles between them.

Try to connect your PC thru the extender with everything close to each other and see if you have internet.

Message 2 of 4
B-dogga
Aspirant

Had done all that and also used Genie to configure but no use.

Ended up calling my ISP and she talked me through changing IP in the router itself to accept the extender.

Spent half a day trying to work it out and the amazing lack of Netgear support is nothing short of a disgrace.

Certainly won't be recommending Netgear to anybody!!!!!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

so you have it working?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements